Goals for 2015…
- Tidy more, and tidy smarter! I started off things nice and early, reading adorable short book The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying and applying what I learned. Things are looking better already!
- Write 150,000 words. 10k a month was achievable last year, even when focussing on editing rather than shiny new drafts. Time to up the stakes a bit!
- Finish 2 first drafts. Looking forward to this.
- Get 3 novels out to betas [initial readers]. One’s almost there already, woohoo.
- Get 2 novels out on submission to literary agents.
- Read 60 books, mostly from the to-be-read shelf at home and my massive to-read pile on the Kindle.
- Continue drawing, and work on refining my style further. Keep up the good work, basically.
- Keep up the fitness routine. Hopefully I’ll continue with weight training, bodyweight fitness, and running… but honestly I don’t mind what I do, as long as I keep it up.
- Play some video games. COME ON, I HAVE TO DO IT THIS YEAR.
- Take the practical driving exam. IT! WILL! HAPPEN! THIS! YEAR!
- Cook or bake some cool new things. 2015 still has a lot of things I need to try: sweet potato pie! Eggnog! A full thanksgiving dinner!
Looking Back at 2014…
Looking back at last year’s goals and how I did. Green = done, orange = sorta done, red = not done at all.
- Write 120,000 words. I did it! 128,700 words!
- Finish 1 novel revision (bonus points if you manage 2). I managed this one too! Completed 2 major rewrites of ALL THE BROKEN THINGS.
- Get 1 revised novel out to betas. Did it!
- Get 1 revised novel out on sub. Didn’t do this one yet. Maybe early next year, not sure.
- Finish 1 novel first draft. Not this one either, but started two strong first drafts.
- Write 5 short stories. Got close — wrote three short stories.
- Sub 3 short stories, at least. Nah, only wound up subbing one.
- Read 50 books. Yeap! I actually shot past the goal with 52 books and a few beta read manuscripts.
- Play some video games. Haha, this was one of the easiest goals on there and I failed it… I only completed one game this year, the amazing TRANSISTOR. Next year I’ll try harder!
- Do a few illustrations or sketches. Oh man, I did pretty dang well at this one this year. I’m proud of my art achievements!
- Take the practical driving exam. Nah, didn’t happen, but it was beyond my control and worked out for the best. Next year for sure!
- Attend 1 writing convention, at least. I did it! Eastercon was fantastic fun..
- Cook or bake some cool new things. Yeah, I did it! Pecan pie is the one that sticks in my mind, though I’m sure there were plenty others.