It’s an April Recap! April really flew by this year, and May is rapidly zooming along too.
Reading and Writing
This month I: wrote 18k, less than my goal of 20k words, but close enough that I’ll take it. I also totally flunked out of my CampNaNoWriMo, but hey, I got lots of words in!
Read 5 books:
X All Systems Red
X Empire of Storms (audiobook)
X The Art of Loish
X Roller Girl
X Earthsea (Twitter Readalong)
My favourites this month around were ALL SYSTEMS RED (a great novella about a murderbot trying to be better) and ROLLER GIRL (a graphic novel about a young derby skater). EARTHSEA was also a fun surprise: I didn’t like it going in but wow, the twists had me hooked.
Finished the short, cute dating game Rose of Winter and started the weird and wonderful free mobile dating game Mystic Messenger. Honestly, this is one of the most novel and fun mobile games I’ve ever played: the whole premise is that cute boys (and a cute girl) hang out with you in a chatroom, send texts and call you, and the story plays out in that format. It’s such fun. In April I tackled the routes for long-suffering adorable admin assistant Jaehee, and narcissistic actor Zen.
I also picked up The Witcher 3, which is a masssssiiiive game and feels like it will take a lifetime to get through. But I’m super enjoying playing Gwent!
Life, the Universe and Everything
- Had a lovely Easter Sunday meal with my parents and Dave.
- Tried Hawaiian (pineapple and ham) pizza. It was not good. Waste of a ham pizza, that.
- Our Dungeons and Dragons group had its second session. Go go Murderhobos!
- I had a chance to hang out with my friend Rachel, and Mac met her lovely pup Luna.
- Climbed up Nelson’s Tower, a monument to Lord Nelson built in Forres a year after he won the Battle of Trafalgar.
- Re-started the C25K running program.
- Finally got to grips with walking on my toe stops in roller derby! This month had a lot of kit-adjustment frustrations, but hopping around on my toestops made it all much more enjoyable.
- We defrosted our freezer! ADULTING.
- Went to a derby game in Inverness, and had a fab time introducing my parents to the sport.
- Returned to the Ukelele Club, and continued making the plinky-plonky noises.