lol at how my current timeline for story events goes like this:
(note: things referred to as cross story are themes and ideas that appear in all story universes, as well as having main storylines of their own. this is not the same as crossovers, were characters move between storys - it's completely global, encompassing every piece of writing. for instance, you name 'st.suicide' to the cast of any story, and there'll be someone who knows of it.
also, only five story universes are included in this snippet of the timeline - the .net// universe, and it's side stories set in reality instead of the game world; the used goods universe; the zombiemma/metaphoric biography universe I made up last night/this morning; and the as-yet-untitled fallen angel Inferno universe that I just made up today; and the St. Suicide universe.)
- St. Suicide's story is either written, or occurs, depending on your POV and current residing universe.
- There's some chaos in the Afterlife, allowing Muvo's escape to the .net// reality and weakening the structure of the worlds in time for the next event...
- The Millenium Bug begins things in the .net// universe, as spirits take adventage of the weakened barriers between worlds and end up dragging a select few right to the other side of the fourth wall.
- "(un)dead - the adventures of zombie emma", taking place in a 'metaphoric biography' universe, spark off the cross-story Immortality Project. The zombiecoma state is the second of two major events that put the nature of life and death into question.
- Taking the place of the second volume of "(un)dead", instead we get the story of Fallen Angel Inferno as she fights a loosing battle with her ex to prevent him joining her in hell. It also takes place at a time where life and death is loosing stability in the shadow of multiple universes and whispers of immortality, hence why the dead and the living manage to collide.
- While the .net// parallel reality is open, so is the used goods parallel world. Bored of waiting around in limbo, the spirit of .net// character Erik takes the opportunity to fill in for the Saint of Suicide, a character he's been fascinated with from his teenage years onwards, and travels with Inferno to try and sort out issues with the Used Goods universe's existance.
- The .net// universe and the biography universe collide due to the presence of a parallel author in the network (the character 'Ini' writes the Dragon Tamers books in the book universe, which conflicts with what the readers know - that I wrote them - and mangles the fourth wall to allow this mess to begin). This collision happens in Iarel, the .net// universe reality. Inferno meets her younger self, Ini and the possessed shell of the spirit Erik who she was working with prior.
AND THIS IS JUST ONE SMALL SECTION OF THE MESS I WORK WITH. XD
Yeah, this is a sample of how crazy I secretly am. And it only covers four different story universes - there's a whole load of others I haven't calculated into the plans yet, and I haven't started trying to work out where the changes in the story-wide Afterlife fits in with things (I slotted in a quick summary of events there, but it's nowhere close to the usual detail).
Adhering to the fourth wall is for people who don't like chaos. I like chaos. It's exciting.
Be impressed. Or scared. Both work.
EDIT: INFRASTRUCTURES SCARE ME GUYS. D: I kind of wish I had a spider diagram to make this simpler, but spiders are scary too.
THE VERY NATURE OF LIFE IS BEING QUESTIONED. THE AFTERLIFE IS NOW ON EARTH. UNIVERSES ARE COLLIDING. AND THAT'S JUST THE BACKGROUND ACTION.
I have to be out of my mind.