It’s been a while! I’ve been off having fun, but now that I’ve set my Spooky September goals I’m back for a JUNE RECAP OF AWESOME.
It was actually tough to think back three months for this one. My memory’s not what it used to be!
- We had our annual family drinking day at the European Pipe Band Championships.
- I had the absolute joy of meeting fellow Gaelic-speaker and choir badass Evan (author name: Emmie Mears), alongside their wonderful partner. They were also travelling with Olli, a Friend from the Internet who I got to put a face to! It was a very wonderful visit and I miss them all terribly.
- WE SAW HIGHLAND COOS. IT WAS THE BEST.
- My mum did absolutely amazing at the local MOD (a big Gaelic singing competition). I’m so, so proud of her successes.
- It was Freshie intake day at skating, which meant meeting lots of new local faces who wanted to try on wheels.
- SHORTS WEATHER. I wore shorts! In summer! In front of actual people! This is not a usual occurrence for me and was a pretty big Emma-overcomes-awkwardness milestone.
- I read some books! To Kill a Kingdom, Simon Vs the Homo Sapiens Agenda and the Vox Machina Volume 1 comic were my favourites for this month. Romancing the Beat was also a solidly useful read!
- London visit! I went down there for very un-glamourous reasons, but hey, London! I managed to wind up wandering in a gorgeous trail over near Essex, which was a definite highlight (alongside getting a chance to snag a box of katsu chicken from Wasabi while running around catching trains).
- After the trip, I got to return to my natural habit: on the couch, with blankets and books and a dog beside me.
- FROOFY SUMMER DRINKS WERE HAD. I had so many caramel crunch Frostinos from Costa. Possibly too many.
- Outdoor skating with my pals!
- TV watched: Voltron: Legendary Defender S6, the Sense8 series finale (I will miss this show SO MUCH).
- Mac was a good boy.
- I drew a little bit of art! Here’s a first attempt my Kenku Dungeons and Dragons character Snipsnip, a strange and creepy bird lady who can only speak in echoes of what others are saying around her.