I'm away travelling around Stornoway all this week and weekend, so the blog will be quiet for a while. Behave yourselves while I'm gone, and writer friends, keep up the hard work.
Also, while you're here, go have a gander at Wesley Chu's newly revealed cover for his upcoming novel "The Lives of Tao".
I'll see you this time next week.
All photos are © Emma Maree Urquhart 2012. All rights reserved.
Do not copy, sell, distribute or in any other way use these images without prior permission. Sharing on social networks is fine, but please give credit.
Hey, I'm back from Stornoway! As soon as I came back I got knocked down by the worst winter bug, and was out of it with fever delirium for three days straight. I somehow made it in to work for one of those days, and ouch, was that one day difficult.
I'm still converting the photos of Stornoway to show you next week, but here's how my 'cool things I did' list ended up looking compared to my original to-do list:
- Walk round the Lewis Castle grounds.
- Visit the Callanish stones.
- (NEW!) Visit the Caroloway Broch, an Iron Age drystone house.
- (NEW!) Visit the wind turbines.
- Check out the beaches if the weather is nice (went to Dal Mor beach).
- Try an Oreo Sundae from the posh cafe there.
- I have family in Shawbost and hey look there's a Norse mill over there. (Nope, ran out of time! But I visited my Shawbost family, who have relocated to a nursing home).
- I never knew the Whalebone arch was actually considered a tourist attraction, it's just something cool that we notice on every visit, but I'm linking to it anyway. (This is out Shawbost way.)
- Take some photographs and generally research the town because it ended up a key part of my just-finished novel. (I did lots of this! But REBEL work suffered because of it.)
- Pine, in a homesick fashion, for my dogs, ferrets, other half and best friends.
I'll see you next week with some photos from the trip, and when I'm not here I'll be busy at work and revising REBEL. Now that NaNoWriMo's over, what's everyone else up to? (Relaxing, I hope!)
I'm off to Stornoway this weekend, so here's some photos of the views from my last trip across the sea. Click the images to see larger versions!
Hope everyone has a lovely weekend!