Today, for their Road Trip Wednesday question for bloggers, YA Highway asked: What's the best book you've read this January?
Oooh, tough one when you look at everything I read last month...
I'm going to discount all the comics, which narrows it down to Pandemonium, Seraphina, and Teeth. Seraphina and Teeth are my clear favourites, but if I had to pick one... it'd be Seraphina.
It's just such a fun, refreshing YA fantasy, (whereas Teeth was a very dark read and quite ruthless with the emotions). My review should be up tomorrow!
Today, for their Road Trip Wednesday question for bloggers, YA Highway asked: What Faction Are You? In honor of their Book of the Month, Veronica Roth's INSURGENT, we want to know which of the five factions in the DIVERGENT series would you choose? Here's a great breakdown of the five factions, and if you're on the fence, you can even take the quiz for a hint!
This one was a clear-cut choice for me.
- Back when I reviewed Divergent, I had trouble putting myself in the reckless, foolhardy Dauntless group's shoes, so clearly don't have the balls (or the lacking brain cells ;P) for that.
- I focus a lot on my own goals (WRITING WRITING WRITING) so I'm too self-centered for the selfless Abnegation.
- The quiz gave me Candor, and while I do love small doses blunt honesty I think I'd hate their tactless methods of deploying it.
- Erudite, land of the bookworms and intellects, is the one calling to my inner
Ravenclawself. But they focus on reading non-fiction, and my passion lies with fiction.
- So it was a clear-cut choice: Amity, the soft touches who think friendship will solve everyone's problems. They're basically the hippy faction, but they're also the only faction that encourages the creation of art. And without art, I'd go mad very fast.
Now I really want to go read Insurgent...