Frequently Asked Questions! If you have a question that isn’t answered below, you can ask it over here.
About Me (12)
Emma Maree Urquhart = Em-ah Mah-ree Erk-hart. The ‘EMaree/E.Maree’ username is Eee Mah-ree.
Emma is fine. :)
12 when writing it, 13 at the time of publication.
I’ve lived in Inverness for most of my life – currently living in Nairn but that hasn’t really affected my accent. Some time in Stornoway’s left its mark, though, and I tend to switch between Scottish, old-fashioned British and American English phrases a lot. Let’s just call it a Scottish accent and leave it there.
For “Dragon Tamers”, contact me directly — UK book bloggers only for now.
Please get the person in charge – a shop owner, librarian or teacher for example – to contact me.
Get in touch. Depending on how busy I am, I’ll do my best to help out – I don’t charge for anything other than traveling costs for charity events.
You can write whatever fanfiction you want, as long as you keep in mind the below rules:
1. You can’t make money from your fanfiction. Don’t stick it up on Amazon, guys, please.
2. Include a disclaimer stating that it’s not your universe/characters/book. Please mention the story that inspired your work, and link back to it in some way (an Amazon link, a link to this site, whatever you want).
3. Do not send me your fanfiction. I can’t legally read fanfiction, but I support all fanfic writers and hope you have a great time writing with my worlds and characters. Thank you so much for reading!
You have free reign to create all the fanwork you would like, as long as you follow a few guidelines.
1. You can’t make money from your fanart and other fan creations. This includes selling t-shirts, prints, jewellery, charms etc. If you have a burning urge to sell something, contact me and we can work something out.
2. Where possible please mention the story that inspired your work, and link back to it in some way (an Amazon link, a link to this site, whatever you want).
Send your fan work to email@example.com with the subject line “Fan Awesomeness” and I’ll try to post it on the blog or in the fan sections. I’d love to see it!
Two pierced earlobes and a tattoo on my upper right arm. I’m hoping to get more very soon. You can read about me getting my first tattoo here.
Two female ferrets (Tea & Coffee) who are far too clever and a labrador (Mac) with a few brain cells missing.
I REGRET NOTHING
About Writing (6)
A few years ago, when I was still in school, I found this injured albino ferret lying in the trees by the riverside. After I picked it up and took it to safety it stared at me. It had round, blood-red eyes. It promised me all the ideas in the world, and all I had to do was make a contract with it.
As it turns out, I wasted my wish. Ideas are a dime a dozen. It’s the execution that’s the hardest part.
Nobody has ‘the time’ to write. You have to make it yourself, carving it out of your busy days any way you can.
I steal it. Writers write, writers read, and writers steal time.
I give up time that could be spent watching TV, playing games, browsing the internet or sleeping and I use it for writing instead. This is the only way I get anything done.
Not at the moment, but keep an eye on the website and blog for news on my current projects.
They will be, as soon as I have work out in print again.