hope everyone enjoyed their new year. I managed to somehow go from being wasted off my face to critically ill at a party, and speant the rest of Christmas and New Year running out of the room when drink was mentioned and avoiding the looming workload handed by way by a meeting with my agents just before Christmas. but it was a lot of fun, heh.
Came back down to earth after the bells rang out and found my site dragontamers.net, under my first and most despised host FuitAdNet, critically hit. Since then I’ve been trying to wrangle a working FTP password out of their support team so I can pull the dt.net over to Dreamhost. It’s hard going, and frustrating slow.
However, I’ve busied myself adding a load of new artwork to the section in Used-Goods.net, with more to come, and am trying to pull away from my sites to concentrate on the writing side of my agents request. Kind of hard because the pressure on the writing side is pretty intense and only myself and my boyfriend seem to properly comprehend the time requests like completely rewriting books, sketching in 100+ novels, scanning in a book’s worth of drawing and adjusing their colouring and levels to suit, and preparing everything and anything all takes.
It’s not all bad news, though. If you check out this expose by a Miss Victoria Strauss, you’ll find not just a kind link to this blog, but a well-researched explorating into the workings and trickery of my previous publisher.
The woman has a lot of sense, so pay the article some heed, especially if you’re one of the younger readers of this blog. Don’t pay people to get you where you can get on your own, and don’t ever stop striving to improve on what you were before. Nobody deserves the mental damage you’ll take from whatever will follow if you do trust your art to some fool who only thinks of it as profit.
Heh. Perhaps, officially, it’s not my place to comment on all those past events, but people need to know, and the cance I’ll have a few vanity publishers whiing down my neck won’t make me think twice. That, and I’m an opinionated wench.
Anyway, while I get on with my work, here’s a glance at my to-do list:
– Sketch 100+ books. Done, all with individual and stupidly time consuming sketches because I like drawing too much.
– Scan 08 arts . Done. Finally.
– Finished 03 sample chaps. Sort of done – sending in the previusly prepared syopsis because I’m happy with it and need to slacken the load.
– Write some short stories.
– INTERNETZ SHOPPING.
– Read Ender’s Game, play Zelda, and relax. Done at every spare moment. Mmm, serenity. <3
– Plug that blogspot site. Done, see above.
– Complete old artwork page with laptop images.
– Get synopsii done for DT1 and 2 rewrite. (Yes, I made the plural up. I like it. End of. =P)
– Scan 07 arts.
– Fix fanart section + add new stuff.
– Update DeviantArt with highlights from the past and new items.
– Redesign the dt.net
– Redesign the used-goods logo and possibly site.
– Gym membership get.
Fun times ahead, eh?