Sorry for the radio silence, everyone. I’ve been a little snowed under with work lately, and between a long stretch bad headspace and dose of food poisoning I’ve been a sorry state.
I didn’t meet my Writer Recharge goals, so to keep myself accountable I’m bringing back regular writing goals to the blog.
Goal: Finish scene outline of BROKEN THINGS.
Difficulty Level: Easy, I’m already underway with this. Biggest challenge is not editing-as-I-go.
Update: FINISHED 13TH MARCH.
Goal: Rough out missing pieces of scenes
Difficulty Level: Hard. I don’t like roughing out scenes in a revision, I feel the need to make it right first time.
Goal: Finish present tense rewrite
Difficulty Level: Medium. This should be easy, but I’m still getting into the swing of present tense.
Update: Underway 15th March
Goal: Prepare to start reading through it again to do a proper, full rewrite…
Difficulty Level: Hard. Not sure if I’ll actually get to this stage before the end of March.
Update: Underway 15th March (combined with tense rewrite)
Goal: Don’t get distracted editing other stuff.
Difficulty Level: VERY HARD. It’s my weakness, okay. I–I like hopping from project to project. I KNOW IT NEVER WORKS OUT.
Goal: Total 40 hours of editing, of any kind
Difficulty Level: Easy. 2 hours a night from now until the end of March should be doable if I cut out TV and video gaming.