This February I’m taking part in Writing Recharge, a month-long motivational challenge where I’ll track my writing goals and see how I do. It’s hosted by Katy Upperman, Alison Miller, Liz Parker, Elodie Nowodazkij, and Sara Biren who will also choose five winners at the end for either a query or three chapter critique.
You can sign up on Sarah’s blog and keep posting an update every Monday there as well or follow on twitter using the hashtag #WriterRecharge.
- First week of February: Post your goals for the month on your blog, website, or Twitter. Use the hashtag #WriterRecharge. Link your blog post at sarabiren.com.
- Every Monday in February: Update your progress via your blog or twitter. Link your blog posts at Sara’s Monday posts.
- Throughout the month: Use the hashtag to connect with other writers, have writing parties, and cheer one another on!
- February 28: Post your final update via your blog or twitter.
- Anyone who uses the hashtag or links their blog posts will be entered to win one of five query or 3-chapter critiques.
- Finish my current beta reads and start on the next one.
13/02 Update: Success!
- Hammer away at the BROKEN THINGS revision. Ideally the scene outline should be done long before the end of February.
17/02 Update: I’m doing a tense rewrite at the same time as the scene outline, which is delaying this. I’m also doing a lot of… adding and changed and rewriting and I DON’T NEED RULES.
Anyway, I’m currently on page 22/185. 12% done!
- Write 10k words on any project.
17/02 Update: Currently sitting at 2k, but this would be higher if I actually tallied up everything I’m doing properly.
- Finish up one of my half-finished short stories.
17/02 Update: Failing this one just now, due to the cold of doom.
So, slow and steady in the theme of this update. I’m going to have to kick it up a knotch for the next update.
I’m looking forward to stopping by and seeing how everyone is doing with their goals today!